Some places just look like a dreamy paradise. The island of Santorini in Greece is one of those kinds of places. As one of the most Instagramable places to visit in Europe, the blue and white stonework and extensive hills filled with donkeys carrying luggage is almost instantly recognizable, and you’ll need a few Santorini Instagram captions & quotes to go along with all your gorgeous vacation photos!
From its stunning beaches to beautiful food and drink to the glorious Grecian sunshine, there’s a lot to love about this island.
Also serving as the backdrop to the cult smash Mamma Mia, Abba and musical fans come from all around the world to check out Donna’s hometown.
With so much to see, you know that your Instagram content is going to be insane. With that in mind, here are over a hundred Santorini Instagram captions and quotes to send your followers wild!
Let’s dive in and find out more…
Blue and White Santorini Instagram Captions
One of the most iconic sights of Santorini is the blue doors against the stark white stone. It’s strikingly beautiful and definitely pops on camera. As such, so many visitors take shots of the houses and buildings and share them on Instagram – normally with you in a gorgeous outfit in front of it.
For these iconic shots, you need iconic captions, and we’ve got you covered.
- Blue and white are my new favorite colors.
- 50 Shades of Blue. 50 Shades of White.
- Life isn’t black and white in Santorini. It’s blue and white!
- Santorini – So blue-tiful!
- Today’s mood: blue and white.
- So many blue-tiful views in Santorini!
- Morning views in Santorini don’t make me blue.
- There’s no time to be blue in Santorini.
- I think blue and white looks pretty good on me.
- Santorini dress code: blue and white.
- Feeling the blues in Santorini
Greek Santorini Instagram Captions
So, with Santorini being as touristy as it is, pretty much everyone you meet will speak English, so learning some basic Greek is a polite courtesy that you should try and do, but it’s not a necessity to get around and enjoy yourself.
Flex this new knowledge and combine it with a witty talent for puns with this selection of Greek language and culture-inspired Santorini Instagram captions.
- You Odyssey this view!
- Greece-y hair, don’t care.
- Greeking out over these views!
- It’s in one Oia and out the other.
- Santorini, you’ve taken a Greece of my heart!
- This island just ouzos with charm.
- So near, so Fira!
- I’m Greeking out over these amazing views.
- I’m going to myth you Greece!
- Feta late than never.
- Olive for views like these!
- What Athens in Santorini, stays in Santorini.
Abba Santorini Instagram Captions
One of the biggest drivers of tourism to the island of Santorini has to be the Mamma Mia films with Meryl Streep as Donna, which were filmed here. So, you’ll see a lot of people in 70’s inspired outfits, striking poses, and unleashing their inner Donna and the Dynamos.
If you want to inject some cheesy Abba-inspired magic into your Santorini Instagram captions, then this section is definitely going to be for you. Don’t forget to add the dancing girl emoji for extra flair!
- Feeling like a Dancing Queen.
- Mamma Mia!
- Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight
- Pretending I’m in ‘Mamma Mia’ everywhere I go.
- “The best things in life, the very best things happen unexpectedly.” – Donna (from Mamma Mia)
- “Do what makes your soul shine.” – Rosie (from Mamma Mia)
- “I don’t know what my future holds, but the world is wide and I want to make some memories.” – Donna(from Mamma Mia)
Santorini Instagram Quotes
As Greece was the birthplace of many artistic, political, and historical movements, it’s a country that inspired and influenced a lot of people over the centuries.
If you want your Santorini Instagram caption to be more wistful, inspiring, and cultured to reflect your time on the island, why not borrow a line or two from some of the greats? These quote-based Santorini Instagram captions are perfect for encapsulating the vibe of this stunning island.
- “Greece – The feeling of being lost in time and geography with months and years hazily sparkling ahead in a prospect of un-conjecturable magic” ― Patrick Leigh Fermor
- “Wherever you go, go with all your heart!” – Confucius
- “Off the Santorini cliff on a dark, starless night, I tossed a message in a bottle and love found me washed up on the black lava sand of the Aegean shore. As with my previous loves, volcanic in nature. Almost destructive before it started.”― Melody Lee, Moon Gypsy
- “It’s almost impossible to watch a sunset and not dream.” – Bern Williams
- “And now Percy has his arms around me and Santorini and the sea are spread like a feast before us and there is sky all the way to the horizon. And what a sky it is.” ― Mackenzi Lee, The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue
- “According to some theories, the legendary Atlantis said to have sunk beneath the sea in a great cataclysm, is in actuality the Greek Island of Santorini.”― Laura Brooks
- “I want to have an ‘Eat, Pray, Love’ experience where I drop off the face of the planet and move to Greece.” – Jennifer Hyman
- “It takes a lifetime for someone to discover Greece, but it only takes an instant to fall in love with her.” – Henry Miller
- “The light of Greece opened my eyes, penetrated my pores, expanded my whole being.” ― Henry Miller
- “People don’t take trips. Trips take people.” -John Steinbeck
- “Never go too long without watching a sunset.” – Atticus
- “If there’s heaven for me, I’m sure it has a beach attached to it.” – Jimmy Buffett
- “Santorini sunsets seem surreal” ― Dave Briggs, Dave’s Travel Pages
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” – H. Jackson Browne Jr.
- “Greece is the most magical place on Earth.” – Kylie Bax
- “Greece is a good place to look at the moon, isn’t it?” – Kari Hesthamar
- “Greece was a muse. It inspired creativity in magical ways that I can’t even begin to understand or explain.” ― Joe Bonamassa
Sun and sunset-inspired Santorini Instagram captions
There’s no getting around the fact that the sunshine and weather in Santorini is pretty amazing all year round. It’s one of the major reasons why a lot of people flock there at any time of the year.
So, show your love for the Grecian sunshine and spectacular sunsets with this selection of Instagram captions.
- Sunsets are better in Santorini.
- Stunning sunsets and breathtaking views.
- Nothing but blue skies here.
- Summer nights & Santorini skies.
- Came for the sights, stayed for the sunsets
- These are the sunsets we live for.
- Soaking up the sun in Santorini.
- Santorini sunsets.
- Girls just wanna have sunsets.
- Santorini days and sunny rays.
Happy or Romanticized Santorini Instagram captions
It’s impossible to be in Santorini and not feel super happy and romantic. Whether you’re traveling solo, with a loved one, or with friends, there’s just something about the place that makes it seem so magical.
Bring that energy to your Santorini Instagram caption with these positive and dreamy suggestions.
- There’s no time to be bored in Santorini.
- Greetings from Greece.
- Take me to Santorini.
- Woke up in the dreamiest place.
- If the question involves Santorini, the answer is yes.
- Picture-perfect moments.
- I just need some time in Santorini to clear my head.
- Not leaving anything behind in Santorini but my heart.
- I’ve never met an island I didn’t like.
- I’m in a good place right now. Not emotionally, I’m just in Santorini.
- But first, let’s go to Santorini.
- Life is short, go to Santorini!
- I’m all about the salty air and sun-kissed hair
- Santorini is always a good idea.
- Once upon a time in Santorini.
- Happiness is a choice we make. I choose Santorini.
- Santorini is a photographer’s dream come true
- I would love to stay in this little slice of paradise forever.
- Living that Santorini life.
- When words fail, pictures speak.
- I can finally tick Santorini off my bucket list.
- Happiness is not a state of mind, but a trip to Santorini.
- Santorini – Bucket list item check
- It’s no secret I belong in Greece.
- A slice of paradise.
- They say ‘do what makes you happy’ so I came to Santorini.
- I need some Santorini time.
- I followed my heart and it led me to Greece
- Living the sweet life in Santorini
- Meanwhile, in Santorini…
- The view from my porch in Oia.
- If I can’t go to heaven, let me go to Santorini.
- I can’t keep calm, I’m going to Santorini
- Making memories in Santorini.
- All I need is a good dose of vitamin sea.
- Any day is a good day in Santorini.
- There’s Santorini…. And then there’s everywhere else
- Home is where the heart is, and the heart is in Santorini
- Santorini officially has my heart.
- Whatever you need, you’ll find it in Santorini.
- I wish some nights lasted forever.
- Canceling my plane ticket home and staying in Santorini forever.
- Santorini dreamin’.
- Santorini is waiting for you!
- You can’t buy happiness but you can buy a plane ticket to Santorini and that’s pretty much the same thing.
- I should probably move here, right?
- Heaven is a place on earth, possibly Greece.
- Take me back to Santorini.
- I want a little bit of Santorini
- My soul lives in Santorini.
- I am in love with this place.
So, if you’re heading to the gorgeous island of Santorini, stunning photos are pretty much a guarantee. Make the most out of your content and get the traction and love it deserves with these awesome Santorini-inspired Instagram captions and quotes.