Welcome to my best-kept secret in Boston: Lolita’s Cocina & Tequila Bar! If you are lucky enough to pursue this edible opportunity, climb down the stairs to my favorite Mexican lair in town! Tons of people pass this gem without noticing its dark ominous door peeking out from the brick wall.
Where to Find Lolita’s Cocina & Tequila Bar
Lolita’s Cocina & Tequila Bar actually has 2 locations in Boston, although one may be temporarily closed at the moment. Make sure to check in advance that the location you have chosen is open.
You can find the first bar at a prime location between Bolyston and Newbury on Dartmouth St. Right across from the Copley T Stop. The address is 271 Dartmouth St, Boston, MA 02116, United States.
The second location is at 253 Summer St, Boston, MA 02210, United States, and is closer to the Seaport District.
Both locations have almost 2,000 raving reviews each, so either one is a great choice for your evening.
What Makes Lolita’s Bar So Special
Their main website reads:
Tequila Made Me Do It
The lack of responsibility promoted in this establishment of dining is basically a mecca for people like me. Young, restless, and unsure of what they want… so why not have it all?
I would describe the theme as vampire-ish. With the sexy red velvet walls and ice black fencing lining the various dining areas, it’s hard not to feel just as sultry as the decor.
How to Make Reservations
Reservations are a MUST because all the foodies and romantics take over the bar from open (5 pm) to close (2 am).
According to the website:
A credit card is required to place a reservation for parties of 5 or more. We ask that any cancellation to your reservation be made no less than 24 hours prior. For no shows or late cancellations, you will be subject to fee of $25 per person that will be applied to the credit card on file.Lolita’s Website
What to Order at Lolita’s
The best drinks on the menu are:
- spicy cucumber (don julio blanco, serrano chiles, combier liqueur, muddled cucumber)
- diablo (lunazul rep, combier, serrano chiles, blood oranges, pineapple & strawberry)
My Favorite Things To Order are:
- I want it all guacamole (sample all three specialty guacamoles:picante, especial & pork belly)
- blackened shrimp queso (bubbling hot asadero cheese, chorizo sausage, roasted poblano, mushroom & cilantro pesto)
- lobster enchilada (ancho-orange glazed atlantic lobster, chipotle chile, fire-roasted corn & monterey jack cheese)
- carne asada (marinated skirt steak with corn tortillas, guacamole, salsa roja & charred jalapeños)
The manager is also my main man. Every time I go to Lolita’s (usually for a celebration), he’s always hooked it up for me with free double shots of tequila with orange peels. If you go, tell him Vanessa from China says “HOLA.”