Home to superstars, the rich and famous, and some of the best beaches on the West Coast, Los Angeles is the kind of place that many people dream about visiting. LA isn’t just a city, it’s a whole vibe and a way of life.
From following up a yoga session with an organic, local brunch, before heading on a hike or hitting the beach, the Cali way of life is hard to argue with.
With that in mind, you can get some absolutely amazing content on a trip to Los Angeles. Make your next reel, story, or grid post sing with the perfect Los Angeles Instagram caption.
Don’t worry about being creative, we’ve got over a hundred different captions and quotes to choose from. Let’s dive in and find out more.
Sunshine-Inspired Los Angeles Instagram Captions
It’s no secret that one of the main reasons that a lot of people head to LA is the year-round glorious weather. Pay tribute to the southern California sunshine and Pacific Ocean sunsets with this selection of LA Instagram captions.
- Living off of iced coffee and sunshine.
- “Never go too long without watching a sunset.” — Atticus
- Relationship status: In love with sunsets and this city.
- Sunsets are better in Los Angeles.
- Palm trees. Poolside. Tanned skin. Sunsets. Hot Nights. Los Angeles.
- In a golden state of mind.
- Must be winter in California – there are a few clouds in the sky.
- My favorite color is sunset.
- The sky’s bluer in Malibu.
- When in Los Angeles, go to the beach!
- I am all about the palm trees and 80 degrees
Hollywood-Inspired Los Angeles Instagram Captions
Let’s be honest, it’s impossible to talk about Los Angeles without mentioning Hollywood. Home to hundreds of acting, writing, and directing megastars, so many of LA’s top tourist attractions are related to the movie business.
As if the giant sign on the hill wasn’t enough! Share your film-inspired content with these Hollywood-related LA Instagram captions.
- Hollywood isn’t a place. It’s a way of life.
- “City of stars, are you shining just for me?” — La La Land
- Just here to get my star
- Feeling so starstruck in this city.
- Welcome to Hollywood.
- Find me where the stars are.
- Sending my selfie to Hollywood, because I’m a star.
- Wonder who I’ll bump into here.
- You are the star tonight.
- Hollywood nights.
- “In Los Angeles, everyone is a star.” – Denzel Washington
- “We are all citizens of Los Angeles because we have seen so many movies.” — D.J. Waldie
- Pretty soon, you’ll find my name on one of these stars.
- Loving La La Land
I‘ve lived abroad for many years and love helping others find work abroad and figure out their “Move Abroad Plan.” Check out my class below to get you started ASAP!
Dream-Related Los Angeles Instagram Captions
A lot of people move to LA chasing a dream. Maybe they want to make it big in the movies, maybe they’re looking to start a new life, or maybe they’re looking to capitalize on the sun, sea, and sand. Whatever it may be, LA is a dreamy place, where the impossible often happens.
- Los Angeles, the city of dreams.
- This is the place where dreams come true.
- Dream big.
- “Breathing dreams like air.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Dream while you’re wide awake
- Everybody’s a dreamer and everybody’s a star.
- I am just a small town girl with big city dreams.
- LA, where dreams come true.
- “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” — Oprah Winfrey
- Living the dream.
Lyrics-Inspired Los Angeles Instagram Captions
It’s not just Hollywood A-listers that call LA home. So many artists and producers are based out in Los Angeles, so it’s pretty natural that there are a whole host of songs inspired by the City of Angels. Steal a lyric or two to sum up your trip to LA for all your Instagram followers – bonus points if your reel uses one of these tracks.
- “I hopped off the plane at LAX with a dream and my cardigan.” — Miley Cyrus, ‘Party in the USA’
- “Rollin’ like a celebrity.” — Weezer
- “Nothing comes close to the golden coast.” — Katy Perry
- “Hey L.A., it’s really really nice to meet ya.” — Ryan Beatty
- They write songs about California girls for a reason.
- California dreamin’.
- There are stars in every city./ In every house and on every street/ And if you walk down Hollywood Boulevard./ Their names are written in concrete – The Kinks
- All the salty margaritas in Los Angeles, I’m gonna drink ’em up.
- Nothing comes close to the golden coast.
- She stood there bright as the sun on that California coast.
- Sometimes I feel like my only friend is the city I live in, the City of Angels.
Short and Sweet Los Angeles Instagram Captions
Sometimes the less said the better. Let your stunning photos and videos do all the talking and get to the point with these short and sweet LA Instagram captions. Don’t forget to add emojis as necessary!
- I left my heart in LA.
- Smile, you are in Los Angeles.
- LA vibes.
- We were made in LA.
- West coast, best coast.
- Take me to L.A.
- Bright lights and LA nights.
- Made in LA.
- Los Angeles, let’s do it.
- Los Angeles is the city that I love.
- With my boo in Malibu.
- Lost in Los Angeles.
- Let the city set you free.
- Stay in your west coast magic.
- LA is calling and I must go.
- Los Angeles, here we come!
- Palm trees and ocean breeze.
- More Pacific Ocean, please.
- Endless fun in LA.
- The stars shine brighter with you.
- A boulevard called sunset.
- Los Angeles, I’m yours.
- Anytime is a good time to go to LA.
- Life is better in Los Angeles.
- I left my heart in Los Angeles.
Funny Los Angeles Instagram Captions
As much as I love LA, there are some things that are just straight-up ridiculous about the place. Show off your comedy skills and wittiness with these funny LA Instagram captions.
Ranging from quotes from comedians to puns to humor about the weather and food, you’re bound to find an Instagram caption that encapsulates your unique sense of humor.
- You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a trip to Los Angeles. And that’s basically the same thing.
- I think I lost my return ticket, guess I’ll have to stay!
- When the smog lifts in Los Angeles, U.C.L.A.
- I love you to the pier and back.
- Just here for an In-n-Out burger.
- In Los Angeles, everything is 100% organic, except the people.
- What color are the stores in Los Angeles? LAvendor
- “I love Los Angeles. It reinvents itself every two days.” — Billy Connolly
- Walkin’ in LA, nobody walks in LA.
- “Los Angeles is like a beauty parlor at the end of the universe.” — Emily Mortimer
- “I love Los Angeles. I love Hollywood. They’re beautiful. Everybody’s plastic, but I love plastic. I want to be plastic.” – Andy Warhol
- “In Los Angeles, by the time you’re 35, you’re older than most of the buildings.” – Delia Ephron
- How do you reply to an email about someone freaking out at the Los Angeles International Airport? Re: LAX
- “You’re not done with L.A. until L.A. is done with you.” – Philip Elliott
Angel-Related Los Angeles Instagram Captions
As Los Angeles is otherwise known as the City of Angeles due to the English translation of the place, you’re likely to see a lot of angels or heaven-related imagery and slogans. In fact, the NWSL (women’s soccer) team in LA is actually called Angel City FC. So, use this as your base for your next LA Instagram caption.
- I am an angel, this is the city where I belong.
- Call me an angel, cause I’m in a city full of them.
- Living the dream life in the city of angels.
- If you can’t go to heaven, LA is the next best thing.
- This is the City of Angels.
Other Los Angeles Instagram Captions
There are so many great things about LA that they can’t all be so easily categorized. If none of the above subsections hit the mark, try out one of these miscellaneous LA Instagram captions. They cover all kinds of content!
- Everyone is in love with this city for a reason.
- I can still hear the waves from the West Coast.
- “Everything moves a little quicker in Los Angeles.” — Kyle Chandler
- Don’t miss out on this Los Angeles bliss.
- In Los Angeles, you can have city life and feel like you’re on holiday at the same time.
- “I was never an ambitious girl or even a self-confident one. I never went in for beauty pageants or wore a stitch of make-up until I went to Los Angeles.” – Pamela Anderson
- Stop saying tomorrow. Take a trip to Los Angeles now.
- All I need are palm trees and this little slice of paradise.
- Los Angeles was built as a machine of transformation.
- A bad day in LA is better than a good day anywhere else.