Full of history, culture, and delicious food, Venice has been popular with travelers and expats for centuries. Seriously, it’s where Renaissance rich kids went on their version of a Gap Year.
Flash forward to the modern-day and Venice is full of snap-happy tourists taking photos and videos all around the iconic St Mark’s Square, or jostling along on gondolas. It’s pretty busy all year round, especially during the carnival season in February.
So, how can you make your amazing vacation stand out from the crowd on social media? With these amazing Venice Instagram captions!
Whether you want to show off your comedic side, declare your love for Italian food, or share your love for the Italian language, I’ve got you covered.
I’ve collated over a hundred amazing Venice-related Instagram captions for you to choose from so you can post all that gorgeous northern Italy content with ease.
The best part? No one ever needs to know that you didn’t write them yourself! You’re welcome, everybody!
Ready to find the perfect Venice Instagram caption for your next iconic post? What are you waiting for, let’s dive in and find out more!
Food-Related Venice Instagram Captions
Let’s be honest, have you ever been to Italy if you haven’t eaten your entire body weight in delicious Italian food? I am a sucker for all things pizza, pasta, and gelato, so these food-related Venice Instagram captions are right up my street.
Whether you love rich cheesy carbs, have a sweet tooth, or can’t stop ordering espressos, these are some of my favorites.
- Problems come and go, pizza is forever.
- I want someone to look at me the way I look at pizza.
- Relationship status: In love with pasta and this city.
- Venice has a pizza of my heart.
- My happy place is anywhere with pizza and wine
- Travel is not about finding yourself. It is about finding pizza in Venice.
- Leaving a pizza my heart in Venice.
- A photo dump featuring pizza, gelato & pasta
- Came to Venice for the sights, and stayed for the gelato.
- Seriously, wine is cheaper than water here.
- Taking life one gelato at a time.
- Life’s too short, get the double scoop.
- It’s not a trip to Venice without rooftop drinks.
- Is there such a thing as too much pasta?
- I want pasta, not your opinion.
Italian Language-Related Venice Instagram Captions
Want to show off your newly honed Italian language skills? Let all your followers know your multilingual chops with a Venice Instagram caption that has some additional Italian flair.
You can have just a word or two in Italian or commit and go full Italiano. The world is your oyster! It’ll definitely make your post seem more cultured and add some fun to your caption.
- Buongiorno, Venice.
- Venezia, ti amo!
- La Dolce Vita.
- In memoria Venezia è sempre magica
- You had me at Buongiorno.
- La dolce far niente!
- Living la bella vita in Venice!
- Bellissimo Venezia!
- Ti amo Venezia!
- Ciao for now Venice.
- Venezia è l’eternità stessa
Pun-Related Venice Instagram Captions
I mean who doesn’t love a pun? They’re quick, they’re clever, they’re irresistibly cheesy, and they make everyone laugh. What’s not to love?
As a city, Venice is full of rich content to switch up for puns from the food to the canals to the popular tourist attractions, you can have your pick of this hilarious bunch! I won’t tell anyone you didn’t write these classics – don’t worry!
- How nice? Venice.
- There’s nothing to wine about in Venice.
- Nothing is impastable in Venice.
- Penne for your thoughts?
- You canal think what you want, but I’m never coming home!
- What’s the difference between Venice and the Lost City of Atlantis? I guess about two or three years.
- There’s no time to be upsetti when you’re eating spaghetti in Venice.
- Espresso yourself.
- I could get used to this canal life.
- I’m having a Venice time.
- Olive you Venice.
- You cannoli imagine how beautiful Venice is!
- You cannoli do so much.
- I think olive you.
- Words can’t espresso how much you mean to me.
- Eat the spaghetti with no regretti.
- Did you hear about the Italian chef that died? He pasta-way.
- Venice may be sinking, but it still floats my boat
- St Marks the spot
- On your St Marks, get set, go!
- Pasta la vista baby!
I‘ve lived abroad for many years and love helping others find work abroad and figure out their “Move Abroad Plan.” Check out my class below to get you started ASAP!
Short Venice Instagram Captions
Sometimes when it comes to social media, short and sweet is the best way to go. This selection of short Venice Instagram captions gets to the point and draws all the attention to your visual content.
After all, that’s the main focus here! Use one of these shorter captions and let your photos and videos do the talking.
- P.S. I love Venice
- Waking up in Venice.
- From Venice with love.
- Venice views.
- Venice… you have my heart.
- No place like Venice.
- Once upon a time in Venice.
- Meet me at the Rialto!
- Scoops, I did it again!
- I’d rather be in Venice.
- I want a little bit of this place.
- It’s Venice to see you.
- Venice officially has my heart.
- Venice gives me butterflies.
- Boats and gelato – what’s not to love?
- This city never ceases to amaze us.
- Venice, with its colorful waterways and buildings.
- Venice – Never boring.
- Beauty lies in Venice.
- I wonder if Venice will miss me
- Call me a gelat-hoe
Romanticized Venice Instagram Captions
After Paris, Venice is commonly regarded as one of the most romantic cities in Europe. So, with that being the case, you might want to get a bit mushy in your Venice Instagram caption.
Whether you’ve fallen in love with the city, want to move there, or have finally ticked off a stop on your bucket list, get those warm and fuzzy feelings going with these romanticized Venice Instagram captions.
- Venice? That’s not a place, it’s a dream.
- Not leaving anything behind in Venice but my heart.
- In Venice, the glass is always half full.
- That’s one item off the bucket list. Hello, Venice.
- Daydreaming in Venice.
- Last sunset in what has become one of my favorite places.
- I always knew I would fall in love with Italy.
- Venice is the most beautiful place I’ve ever seen with my favorite person in the world.
- When cruising on Grand Canal by boat, I feel like I’m in a James Bond movie.
- Pretending I’m still gallivanting around my favorite city.
- Venice: You really fell into my soul.
- If I come here thousands of times, it won’t be enough.
- Sunset in Venice that’s my idea of paradise.
- Lost in the landscape and seascape.
- I can’t wait to go back to this magical city.
- Can’t get enough of this view.
- Can I just live here already!?
- Oh darling, why don’t we just stay in Venice?
- Doing this sweet thing called visiting Venice.
- I wonder if Venice misses me too.
- Somewhere between living and dreaming, there’s Venice.
- They say ‘do what makes you happy’ so I bought a ticket to Venice.
- Venice, a place where every street is a fairytale.
- Quitting my job and moving to Venice…
- When I see Venice, my eyes turn into little hearts.
- For me, Venice is the most beautiful place in the world.
- Beautiful Venice through the lens of my camera.
- Sipping coffee while admiring the stunning Grand Canal – now this is what I call a perfect morning
Canal-Related Venice Instagram Captions
One of the most iconic sights in the whole of Venice is the canal system. This spectacular floating city is an architectural and historic marvel!
Of course, no trip to Venice is complete without a gondola ride through the city. Accompany your amazing water-filled content with one of these short and funny canal-related Venice Instagram captions.
- Whatever floats your gondola.
- Happiness comes in canals.
- Gone with the gondola.
- Since you’ve been gone-dola.
- A gondola a day keeps reality away.
- Venice, I’m gondola miss you.
- The floating city has my heart.
- I sent his family my Gondolences.
- Never met a canal I didn’t like.
- I’m gonda-like it here.
- Floating around.
- It’s not a real trip to Venice without a gondola ride.
- Meet me by the canal.
- Venetian streets and gondola rides, my heart is so happy
Quotes About Venice for Instagram
If you’re looking for inspiration for your next Instagram post, why not turn to the poets, writers, and artists who have been visiting Venice for centuries?
There are tons of beautifully written, magic quotes about Venice, and one of them is sure, to sum up your adventure in this wonderful Italian city!
- “Venice, the most touristy place in the world, is still just completely magic to me.” – Frances Mayes
- “Venice is incredible. Although you may have seen it in pictures, you can’t grasp how beautiful it is until you visit.” – Gino D’Acampo
- “Venice is like eating an entire box of chocolate liqueurs in one go” – Truman Capote
- “Venice, its temples and palaces did seem like fabrics of enchantment piled to heaven.” – Percy Bysshe Shelley
- “Paris is an ideal place to become informed, while Venice is a place to think and write.” – Pontus Hulten
- “When I went to Venice, I discovered that my dream had become-incredibly but quite simply – my address” – Marcel Proust
- “Venice bewitches. Like many before me, I have been seduced by its art, architecture, poetry, and beauty.” – Russell Norman
- “In memory, Venice is always magic “- Barbara Grizzuti Harrison
- “If I could re-name love, I’d call it Venezia” – Conny Cernik
- “You’ve got to see Venice, he began. You’ve got to see a city of slender towers and white domes, sleeping in the water like a mass of water lilies. You’ve got to see dark waterways, mysterious threads of shadow, binding all these flowers of stone together.” – E. Temple Thurston, The City of Beautiful Nonsense
- “Venice never quite seems real, but rather an ornate film set suspended on the water” – Frida Giannini
- “Venice is eternity itself” – Joseph Brodsky
- “I will never forget experiencing Venice for the first time. It feels like you are transported to another time – the art, music, food, and pure romance in the air is like no other place.” – Elizabeth Berkley
- “It seemed like a magical city, floating on the lagoon as if conjured by an enchanter’s wand” – Kate Forsyth
- “If you read a lot, nothing is as great as you’ve imagined. Venice is, Venice is better” – Fran Lebowitz
- “Venice is the most romantic place in the world but it’s even better when there is no one around.”-Woody Allen
- “You may have the universe if I may have Italy” – Giuseppe Verdi
- “Is there anywhere in the world as full of beauty as Italy?” – Natalia Sanmartin Fenollera
- “The beauty of Venice is not just in its architecture or art, but in the way it makes you feel.” – Julie Andrews
The Best Venice-Related Hashtags for Instagram
Want to make sure that your content gets shared as far and wide as humanly possible? The best way to do that is to add a ton of relevant, high-quality hashtags. These Venice-related hashtags have been rated as some of the best across Instagram and TikTok for Venice-specific content. Remember to use them in the comment section to get extra hashtags in there without overloading your caption!
Choose Your Best Caption for Your Best Shots!
So, if you’re thinking of visiting Venice, Italy anytime soon, make sure that you get a ton of great photos and videos to share and reminisce over when you get back to reality.
You can use any of these amazing Venice Instagram captions to take your travel social media game to the next level and reel in all of those likes, shares, and follows. All that with minimal effort? We love that kind of reward system!
What’s your favorite Venice Instagram caption from my list? Let me know in the comments below! Bonus points if you send me any of your favorite spots to visit when you’re in Venice.
I’m always looking for recommendations for my next trip!