I’ve always heard great things about a long weekend in Lisbon, but I wasn’t prepared for how deeply I feel in love with the city. With perfect beaches, incredible food, and a reasonable cost of living, Lisbon is a solo female traveler’s DREAM destination. Here’s why:
- Anywhere you eat, you’re sure to be impressed
- Everything is affordable. Taxis are 3 euros, meals are 9 euros, booze is 5 euros! Need I say more??
- The climate is hot and the locals are HOTTER. Come single as it’s too late for me.
- It’s incredibly safe! No one bothered us the entire time we were there. Just friendly people, with friendly intentions.
Where to Stay:
We stayed a bit north from all the tourist hustle and bustle because we had such a wide breadth of places that we wanted to visit. Right in the middle of a major shopping district, we stayed at Hotel White Lisbon for three nights. If you’re interested in staying in a more traditional neighborhood, filled with locals and families, then this is the place for you. Calm and less hectic than the south, Hotel White Lisbon is the perfect medium for travelers looking for peace and quiet.
Did I mention there’s also a sick roof-top pool?
Things to Do:
Everything in Lisbon is just a 15-minute taxi ride away so this makes it an ideal location for weekend warriors. You’ll be able to have the best food, enjoy the coolest sites, and chill by the coolest beaches without trekking back and forth across the world.
Below, I’ve mapped out all of my favorite hot spots in Lisbon but here are a few absolute must-dos.
Best of Lisbon:
- Ramiro – Best Seafood
- Pro tip: have an early dinner (3-6pm) to beat the lines. Sometimes the line takes over several blocks if you come too late!
- Bairro do Avillez – Best Wine & Small Plates
Miradouro de Santa Luzia – Best Photo Vantage Point
- Time Out Market – Best Food Market
- Pro Tip: Come here for lunch or for post dinner drinks!
- LX Factory – Best Artisan Shopping Area
- Pro Tip: The perfect place to recover from a hangover on a Saturday or Sunday morning
These are the four MUST SEE places when you’re in Lisbon. I’ve also tagged loads of other shopping, photography points and tourists locations on my Google Layers Map below. Here’s a few pictures from my recent trip to Lisbon!